Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1014206R, 1014422R, 1014673R, 1014689R, 1015113R, 3507086R, 3507134R
E-2610N, S-5215NQ: How do I remove and replace the optional front IEEE 1394 assembly in the Gateway 3-bay nBTX case?A: Note: The front IEEE 1394 assembly is an optional item and is not included in all configurations.
Remove the front IEEE 1394 assembly
Replace the front IEEE 1394 assembly
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the case access panel.
- Remove the external drive cage.
- Inside the front of the computer case, remove the screw that secures the IEEE 1394 assembly.
- Pull the IEEE 1394 assembly into the case.
- Follow the IEEE 1394 assembly cable to its connection on the motherboard. Free the cable from any clips it may be routed through.
- Note the cable connection location on the motherboard, and then disconnect the cable.
- Remove the IEEE 1394 assembly from the case.
- Inside the case, connect the IEEE 1394 assembly cable to the motherboard.
- Route the cable through the case and through any clips it was routed through when removed.
- Align the IEEE 1394 assembly inside the front of the case, and then slide it toward the front of the case until it snaps into place. Secure the assembly with one screw.
- Replace the external drive cage.
- Replace the case access panel.
- Connect the computer's power cord, and then turn on the computer.