Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1014206R, 1014422R, 1014673R, 1014689R, 1015113R, 3507086R, 3507134R
E-2610N, S-5215NQ: How do I remove and replace the front USB assembly in the Gateway 3-bay nBTX case?A: Remove the front USB assembly
Replace the front USB assembly
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the case access panel.
- Remove the external drive cage.
- Inside the front of the computer case, remove the screw that secures the USB assembly.
- Pull the USB assembly into the case.
- Follow the USB assembly cable to its connection on the motherboard. Free the cable from the air inlet clips it is routed through.
- Note the cable connection location on the motherboard, and then disconnect the cable.
- Remove the USB assembly from the case.
- Inside the case, connect the USB assembly cable to the motherboard.
- Route the cable along the front of the case and through the clips on the air inlet.
- Align the USB assembly inside the front of the case, and then slide it toward the front of the case until it snaps into place. Secure the assembly with one screw.
- Replace the external drive cage.
- Replace the case access panel.
- Connect the computer's power cord, and then turn on the computer.