Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1014206R, 1014422R, 1014673R, 1014689R, 1015113R, 3507086R, 3507134R
E-2610N, S-5215NQ: How do I remove and replace the front audio assembly in the Gateway 3-bay nBTX case?A: Remove the front audio assembly
Replace the front audio assembly
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the case access panel.
- Remove the external drive cage.
- Inside the computer case, free the audio cable from the clip on the bottom of the case, and then remove the screw that secures the audio board.
- Pull the audio board into the case.
- The audio board cable is connected to the motherboard under the power supply. The power supply does not need to be completely disconnected or removed, but it does need to be moved a short distance.
- At the rear of the case, remove the four screws that secure the power supply.
- Push the power supply into the case until it clears the case frame, and then lift if up enough to reach the audio cable.
- Note the audio cable connection location, and then disconnect the cable.
- Inside the case, connect the audio cable to the motherboard.
- Place the power supply in its installed position, and then secure it with four screws.
- Align the audio board inside the front of the case, route its cable through the clip on the bottom of the case, and then secure the board with one screw.
- Replace the external drive cage.
- Replace the case access panel.
- Connect the computer's power cord, and then turn on the computer.