Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1014206R, 1014422R, 1014673R, 1014689R, 1015113R, 3507086R, 3507134R
E-2610N, S-5215NQ: How do I remove and replace the power switch in the Gateway 3-bay nBTX case?A: Remove the power switch
Replace the power switch
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the case access panel.
Note: Although not necessary, for better visibility of the power switch tabs, you can remove the front bezel. The power switch is located near the external drive openings.
- Remove the external drive cage.
- Inside the front of the computer case, follow the power switch cable to its connection on the motherboard. Note this location, and then disconnect the cable.
- A USB cable is routed across the power switch. Pull this cable away slightly, press up the tab at the bottom of the power switch assembly, and then slide the assembly toward the bottom of the computer case.
- Gently remove the power switch assembly from the case.
- Inside the front of the computer case, align the power switch assembly tabs with the slots in the case, and then slide the assembly up so that its release tab engages.
- Route the USB cable across the power switch assembly.
- Connect the power switch cable to the motherboard.
- Replace the external drive cage.
- If previously removed, replace the front bezel.
- Replace the case access panel.
- Connect the computer's power cord, and then turn on the computer.