Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1014206R, 1014422R, 1014673R, 1014689R, 1015113R, 3507086R, 3507134R
E-2610N, S-5215NQ: How do I remove and replace an add-in card in the Gateway 3-bay nBTX case?A: Remove an add-in card
Replace an add-in card
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the case access panel.
- The add-in card retention latch is located at the right rear corner of the case.
- Swing the retention latch open.
- If applicable, disconnect any cables attached to the add-in card being removed.
- If applicable, press down on the clip at the end of PCI Express ×16 slot (the other slot does not have a clip), and then lift the add-in card out of the case. Lifting each end of the card in a rocking motion can help to remove it from its connector. However, do not twist or bend the card.
- Align the add-in card with the slot inside the case, and then press it firmly into place.
- Swing the add-in card retention latch to the closed position.
- If applicable, connect cables to the add-in card.
- Replace the case access panel.
- Connect the computer's power cord, and then turn on the computer.