Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1009171, 1009172, 1009173, 1009174, 1009295, 1009296, 1009303, 1009447, 1009473, 1009475,
1009547, 1009573, 1014385R, 1014386R, 1014387R, 1014388R, 1014389R, 1014390R, 1014391R, 1014419R,
2905934R, 2905950R, 2905985R, 2905986R, 3502124R
FX530S, FX530XM, FX530XG, FX530XT, FX530XV, FX530B, FX530XL, FX530S, FX8030, FX8020,
FX8010m, FX8040, FX530S, FX530XM, FX530XG, FX530XT, FX530XV, FX530XL, FX530B, FX530XE,
FX530QS, FX540XG, FX540B, FX540XGQ: How do I remove and replace the air duct in the Gateway 7-bay BTX computer case?A: Remove the air duct
Replace the air duct
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the computer's right side panel.
- Inside the computer, the air duct is the green plastic object at the front, center of the case.
- If cables are routed through the clip on the air duct, release them.
- Using the handle, pull the air duct out of the case. You may need to gently wiggle the duct to remove it.
Note: In some cases, you may need to disconnect some device cables to allow room to remove the air duct. In this case, carefully note the connection locations before disconnecting cables.
- Slide the air duct into the computer case, over the processor heat sink. Ensure that no cables get pinched.
Note: You may need to wiggle the air duct to ensure that all three tabs on the duct engage in the case slots.
- If device cables were disconnected to remove the duct, reconnect them.
- Place any cables that are routed over the air duct through the clip on the air duct.
- Replace the right side panel.
- Connect the power cord, and then turn on the computer.