Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008326, 1008327, 1008369, 1008370, 1008487, 1008488, 1008579, 1009024, 1009025, 1014429R,
2900766, 3501975, 3502057R, WME003773
E-6300, E-6300 SB, E-6300 SB, E-6300, E-6500D, E-6500D SB, S-5600D, E-6610D SB, E-6610D SB, E-6610D SB,
E-6300-1Q: How do I remove and replace an optical drive in the 7-bay BTX computer case?A: Remove an optical drive
Replace an optical drive
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the computer's right side panel.
- Inside the case, locate the 5.25-inch drive bays in the upper front corner.
- At the rear of the optical drive, disconnect the data and power cables.
- If present, remove the shipping thumbscrew that secures the 5.25-inch drive bay release lever in the locked position. Re-using this screw is optional.
- Slide the 5.25-inch drive bay release lever toward the rear of the case. When the bay is unlocked, an unlock symbol is visible.
- Slide the optical drive out of the front of the case.
- At the front of the case, slide the optical drive into the bay.
- Lock the drive into place by sliding the 5.25-inch drive bay release lever toward the front of the case.
- Connect the power and data cables to the rear of the optical drive.
- Replace the right side panel.
- Connect the computer's power cord, and then turn on the computer.