Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008326, 1008327, 1008369, 1008370, 1008487, 1008488, 1008579, 2900766, 3501975, 3502057R,
E-6300, E-6300 SB, E-6300 SB, E-6300, E-6500D, E-6500D SB, S-5600D, E-6300-1Q: How do I remove and replace front fan in the 7-bay BTX computer case?A: Remove the front fan
Replace the front fan
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the computer's right side panel.
- Inside the case, remove the air duct.
- If not already done, you can lay the computer on its left side.
- Follow the cable from the fan to its connection on the motherboard. Note the cable routing and connection location, and then disconnect the cable.
- Press down on the top center of the front fan assembly, and then tilt the assembly toward the rear of the case.
- Lift the fan assembly out of the case.
- Carefully note the fan's orientation in the fan holder, and then slide the fan out of the holder.
- If needed, slide the fan into the fan holder.
- Align the fan assembly in the case at a rearward angle.
- Tilt the assembly to the front of the case and press it into place so that the tab at the top center of the assembly engages in the slot in the case.
- Route the cable to the motherboard, and then connect it.
- Replace the air duct.
- Replace the computer's right side panel.
- Turn on the computer.