Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008326, 1008327, 1008369, 1008370, 1008487, 1008488, 1008579, 2900766, 3501975, 3502057R,
E-6300, E-6300 SB, E-6300 SB, E-6300, E-6500D, E-6500D SB, S-5600D, E-6300-1Q: How do I remove and replace air duct in the 7-bay BTX computer case?A: Remove the air duct
Replace the air duct
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the computer's right side panel.
- Inside the case, locate the green plastic air duct near the center of the case.
- For more stability, you can lay the computer on its left side.
- The power switch/LED cables lie over the air duct and are connected to the motherboard. Note the connection locations, and then disconnect the cables.
- Holding the protruding square portion of the duct, pull the duct up and out of the case.
Note: If needed, gently wiggle the duct to release the tabs that secure the lower edges.
- Holding the protruding square portion of the duct, align the air duct over the processor and the rear of the case's front fan.
- Lower the air duct into place until the tabs on the lower edges of the sides fit into the slots. You may need to wiggle the duct slightly to seat all of the tabs.
- Route the power switch/LED cables over the air duct, and then connect them to the motherboard.
- Replace the computer's right side panel.
- Turn on the computer.