Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008304, 1008305, 1008308, 1008309, 1008371, 1008372, 1008375, 1008376, 2900720, 2900724,
2900798, 3501958, 3501974, WME1T455-005
E-2300 6-Bay, E-4300 6-Bay, E-4300 6-Bay SB, E-4300 6-Bay SB, E-4300 6-Bay, E-2300 6-Bay, E-2300A 6-Bay, E-4300B 6-Bay, E-4300 6-BayQ: How do I remove and replace the motherboard in the Hudson 915 6-bay case?A: Note: Before disconnecting cables or removing components, note each connection location for later use. Creating a diagram of the connections can be helpful.
Remove the motherboard
Replace the motherboard
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord and all external device cables.
- Before opening the case, be aware of and observe all electrostatic discharge precautions.
- Remove the computer case left side panel.
- Inside the case, note the locations of all cable connections to the motherboard, and then disconnect them. In addition to the main power, CPU power, front ports (four connections), and drive data cable connections, there are a number of other connections including but not limited to the following list. Click the items in the list to see the connection graphics.
- Remove all add-in cards.
- Remove the memory DIMMS.
- If desired for more room, you can remove the chassis fan, but it is not necessary.
- Near one end of the DIMM sockets, locate and then remove the motherboard retention thumbscrew.
- Slide the motherboard toward the front of the case until the ports clear the rear of the case.
- Tilt the motherboard up, and then lift it free of the case.
- Note the standoffs on the bottom of the motherboard and the slots inside the case. These items mesh to properly align the motherboard in the case.
- Position the motherboard in the case about one-half inch forward from its installed position.
- Slide the motherboard back until the screw hole near one end of the DIMM sockets aligns with the screw hole in the case.
- Secure the motherboard with the motherboard retention thumbscrew.
- If previously removed, replace the chassis fan.
- Replace the memory DIMMS.
- Replace all add-in cards.
- Reconnect all cable connections to the motherboard.
- Replace the computer case left side panel.
- At the rear of the case, connect external device cables and the power cord, and then turn on the computer.