Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008302, 1008303, 1008306, 1008307, 1008373, 1008374, 1008377, 1008378, 2521070, 2900723,
2900762, 2900763, 2900764, 2900765, 3501445, 3501733, 3501944, 3501972, WME002950
E-2300 4-Bay, E-2300 4-Bay SB, E-4300 4-Bay, E-4300 4-Bay SB, E-4300 4-Bay SB, E-4300 4-Bay, E-2300SB 4-Bay, E-2300 4-Bay, E-4300A 4-Bay, E-2300A 4-Bay,
E-2300B 4-Bay, E-4300-1 4-Bay, E-4300-2 4-BayQ: How do I remove and replace the motherboard in the Hornet case?A: Remove the motherboard
Replace the motherboard
- Remove the case cover.
- Remove the front bezel.
- Inside the case, lift up the drive cage assembly.
- Disconnect all the cables connected to the motherboard.
Note: Creating a diagram of the cable connections can be helpful during the replacement process.
- If necessary, remove any add-in PCI or AGP cards.
- Remove the power supply.
- Remove the motherboard thumbscrew. The thumbscrew is located near the middle of the motherboard.
- Slide the motherboard toward the front of the case about one-quarter inch, and then lift it out of the case.
- Align the stand-offs on the bottom of the motherboard with the slots in the bottom of the case, and then slide the motherboard toward the rear of the case.
- Replace the motherboard thumbscrew.
- Replace the power supply.
- If necessary, replace any add-in PCI or AGP cards.
- Reconnect all device cables to the motherboard.
- Lower the drive cage assembly.
Note: When lowering the drive cage assembly, ensure that the cables under it are flat and do not get pinched.
- Replace the front bezel.
- Replace the case cover.