Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008302, 1008303, 1008306, 1008307, 1008373, 1008374, 1008377, 1008378, 2521070, 2900723,
2900762, 2900763, 2900764, 2900765, 3501445, 3501733, 3501944, 3501972, WME002950
E-2300 4-Bay, E-2300 4-Bay SB, E-4300 4-Bay, E-4300 4-Bay SB, E-4300 4-Bay SB, E-4300 4-Bay, E-2300SB 4-Bay, E-2300 4-Bay, E-4300A 4-Bay, E-2300A 4-Bay,
E-2300B 4-Bay, E-4300-1 4-Bay, E-4300-2 4-BayQ: How do I remove and replace the power supply in the Hornet case?A: Remove the power supply
Replace the power supply
- Remove the case cover.
- Remove the front bezel.
- Inside the case, lift up the drive cage assembly.
- Disconnect the power cables from the motherboard and other internal components.
Note: Creating a diagram of the power connections can be helpful for later reconnection.
- If necessary to prevent damage, remove PCI cards near the power supply.
- Locate the power supply retention clip.
- Rotate the retention clip up to release the power supply.
- Slide the power supply toward the front of the case about one-half inch, and then lift it out.
- Inside the case, note the large slots in the side wall. Tabs on the side of the power supply fit into these slots.
- Slide the power supply into the case. Ensure that the tabs on the power supply slide into the slots in the case wall.
Note: Depending on your computer's motherboard, the power supply can cover as many as two PCI slots. This is normal for this case.
- Rotate the power supply retention clip down to lock the power supply in place.
- Reconnect the power cables to the motherboard and all other internal devices.
- Lower the drive cage assembly.
Note: When lowering the drive cage assembly, ensure that the cables under it are flat and do not get pinched.
- Replace the front bezel.
- Replace the case cover.