Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I replace an expansion card in a St. Francis or St. Francis E Mid-tower case?A: To replace an expansion card, such as a sound or network card, perform the following steps.
Note: Observe all precautions to prevent electrostatic discharge (ESD) damage.
Remove a card
- Turn off the computer, disconnect any cables attached to the card being removed, and then disconnect the computer's power cord.
- Remove the side service panel.
- Inside the case, disconnect any cables that are attached to the card.
- Remove the retention thumbscrew that secures the card retention cover to the case.
- While holding the expansion card retention cover open, remove the expansion card.
Install a card
- Hold the retention cover open, and then install the new card into the expansion slot by pressing it firmly into place.
- Lock the card in place by pushing the expansion card retention cover inward.
- Reconnect any cables to the card.
- Replace the side service panel.
- Refer to the documentation that came with the card for any special software installation instructions.