Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
3500689, 3500848, 3500906, 3500998, 3501008, 3501087, 3501248, 3501285, 3501286
Q: How do I remove or replace the 3.5-inch floppy disk drive or 5.25-inch CD-ROM drive in a St. Francis or St. Francis E Mid-tower case?A: The steps in this document can be used as general instructions for removing and replacing any 3.5-inch or 5.25-inch drive.
- Remove the side service panel.
- This is a view of the upper drive bay area.
- If you are adding a new drive, remove the EMI shield for the bay into which you are installing the new drive.
- If you are replacing a drive, disconnect the drive cables from the old drive.
- Unlock the drive by sliding the release lever toward the rear of the case.
- If you are replacing a drive, remove the old drive by sliding it forward out of the drive bay.
- Slide the new drive into the drive bay until it settles into the indentation and then lock it into place by sliding the release lever toward the front of the case.
- Connect the drive cables.
- Replace the side service panel.