Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
EL1200, EL1210, EL1300, EL1300G, EL1310, EL1320, EL1321, EL1331, EL1331G, EL1333G,
EL1352, EL1352G, EL1600, EL1833, EL1850, EL1850G, eM250, eM350, eMD440, eMD520,
eMD525, eMD620, eMD640, eMD725, eMD727, eMD730, eMD732Z, eME440, eME520, eME525,
eME527, eME620, eME625, eME627, eME630, eME720, EME725, eME727, eME730, eMG440,
eMG525, eMG625, eMG725, eMG730, ER1401, ER1402, ET1161, ET1300, ET1331, ET1331G,
ET1352, ET1352G, ET1641, ET1710, ET1810, ET1831, EZ1601
How do I create a set of eMachines Recovery Media?A: Creating a set of eMachines Recovery Media
If your computer experiences problems that are not recoverable by other methods, you may need to reinstall the Windows operating system and factory-loaded software and drivers. To reinstall using discs, you must create the set of recovery discs beforehand.
- Click on Start and then All Programs
Click on the eMachines folder and then on eMachines Recovery Management. This will launch the eMachines Recovery Management application
- Click on Create Factory Default Disc
- The Create Backup Disc dialog box will appear and provide information on the number of blank media that is needed for the recovery media.
- Insert a blank disc into the drive indicated in the Burn To list and click Start.
- The eMachines Recovery Management application will being the process of creating the recovery media.
- The disc will be ejected whenever it has completed burning, if multiple discs are required insert a new disc when prompted and click Ok.
Note: If the computer does not have an internal optical drive, an external optical drive will be required to create a set of eMachines Recovery Media.